5.01.2010

WARNING:  It took 10 hours to get to Sacramento.
It may take you 10 hours to look at this post.

We drove to California to spend a weekend with our good friends.  I hate driving long distances, but for this family I will do just about anything.  We have been friends for 8 great years.  They moved away and we miss them like crazy.  


We watched some T.V., played games and visited until the wee hours.

We went to Fairy Tale Land.
(super cool park full of live animals and fairy tale themed adventures)





I love this picture!

Check out Brenden in the background.





Leaf creations by Dru Martin.
This girl can make a craft out of anything.




We stopped at a little amusement park and rode a few rides.



We played at the park.

They live in a beautiful area with killer parks.  I am SO jealous.  
Check out this baby below!
They also have a beautiful pool.  
It was perfect weather during our stay so we went swimming a couple of times.



Rylie sporting her pool side hair.  Yikes!
The boys took the kids to the lake while Kim and I went shopping.
(we watched the kids the day before while the boys went golfing...2 rounds)

More swimming.



Owen was a dream baby.  In fact, he "dreamt" most of the time.
We ate like crazy and finished off each meal with a fun dessert.  
This night we made s'mores in their cool outdoor fire place.

They have 2 darling boys.  No dolls to play with but we made due.

We rode the train in Old Sacramento.
Owen did not like the train whistle blowing.







The girls slept about 20 minutes on the way to Sacramento and slept all but 20 minutes on the way home.  (a sign of a good vacation)
Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you! 
What an amazing trip!  We loved EVERY second!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Seriously, did you have to leave? I know we can figure out a way for you guys to move here by us! We just have WAY too much fun together!!! (I promise I will babysit and cook for you anytime anywhere :)
Cute post. I need you to email me a few of those pics. We can't wait to see you all again! BFF!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Brooke said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! :)

Lisa said...

What a fun post!! Lots of great pictures! And I have to say, Jenny you look so great!!!!

Al and Eli said...

Crazy hair Rylie!!! I LOVE it. I wish we could move to Cali, what a dream!! I'm glad you guys had such a good time.