4.25.2009

Flower Fest

Just before we left for a fun sleep over with our good friends we went outside to play.  The girls touched, picked, rubbed, accidently tasted, smelled, made piles, threw in the air the yellow flowers in our back yard.  They spent about 30 minutes doing this until their hands literally turned yellow.



I had to laugh looking at this picture because I think it looks like an engagement photo.


We always try to do a fun jumping picture like Aunt Adrienne and her friend Sara.  We never can get it just right.
{If you enlarge this photo, Dru looks like the girl from Hairspray!}


I love to see what they come up with when I tell them to do something silly.

Dru and Livy argue like sisters sometimes do, but they are truly best friends!



We had to take this photo about 10 times to get the flowers flying in the shot.  


8 comments:

Megan Olson said...

Bring back spring!! These pictures are adorable!!!

Kim said...

You are such a great photographer getting those flowers blowing in the air like that (even if it does take 10 shots) :) Thanks for coming for the sleepover, there is never a dull moment with the Martin girls around. I wish we lived next door...maybe in 20 years when we are retired it will finally happen!

Kim said...

I just read your comment on my blog... :)

The Richards Family said...

So funny because when I was writing you i doubted myself because I thought..."wait, is that Ryan!" They both are super cute! You can tell Ryan I totally had a childhood crush on him. He He! The picture is in storage. My friend in England got a picture autographed for me. The only bad thing is, it says "Sarah..." My name is totally spelled wrong. They pronounce Sara (without an H) Sawra, and because they said Sara...well, you get the picture. I have so much Micheal Owen stuff. Even a scarf. Yes, i was obsessed!!! Hope Ryan comes back soon.

ps still waiting to hear back from Angie. I emailed her!

Lisa said...

love the post and pictures! you always do such great stuff! Love it!!

brooke romney said...

I Love these shots. Your girls are so cute, and you take great pictures. I love it!

Nicole said...

Such cute pictures! How does their hair always stay so cute. Cute hair only lasts about an hour in our house.

Al and Eli said...

I love that your girls love having their pictures taken and that you do it for all those fun moments!!

Al is stoked about a BBQ - we miss having a backyard.