3.23.2009

The party

We had a baking party this year for Dru.  She invited 3 darling school friends over on Saturday to get crazy in the kitchen.  Olivia was also part of the party and didn't miss a thing.  I made little aprons for each girl to wear as they arrived.  We played a fun bingo game and then ate lunch.   We then made chocolate chip cookies and decorated cupcakes and heart-shaped cakes. The girls followed the recipe perfectly, took turns doing everything, did some major taste testing and giggled their little heads off.  It was a joy to watch.  What a fun age!  

Fun pics from the party. (a bit out of order)
The girls took their goodies home in their own box.
This is Dru and Liv before the party.  They were so excited they were literally bouncing off the walls.
Playing Store Front Bingo. 
Eating lunch.
Rylie ate lunch with us and then went down for a nap.
Cleaning up and getting ready to bake.
Making the cookies.
Being silly.
A little taste testing.
Decorating!
Ry with the girls.
Me and my little bakers.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my gosh--what a cute party! I wish I had girls so I could steal your idea (only I wouldn't be able to make those darling aprons like my very talented friend). Happy birthday Dru--we love you!

DeSpain Domain said...

Great party! You can tell how much fun those girls are having in each picture. Great job, mom! Happy Birthday to Dru.

Lisa said...

cute pics! you are such an awesome mom. cute party! Cute Dru!!

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

such a cute party J!! I wish I had 1/4 of the energy and creativity that you do - Happy Birthday Druby!!

Megan said...

I love the Aprons...you did a great job on them! Looks like the girls enjoyed themselves and all the fun things that you had planned.

Nicole said...

What a fun party! I remember having one like that when I was little. I think that's the one I remember most. Anyway, props on the aprons, too cute!

Al and Eli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Al and Eli said...

My goodness could you be any more amazing and creative!! I'll definitely be coming to you for ideas. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRU!!

Cassandra said...

I think the consensus is that Jenny Martin is the best/cutest/most creative mom on the planet, though it is entirely possible that she is just tapping into my own mom's brainwaves because all of her parties for her girls are the same as parties I had when I was little (except for the pink party—I hated pink). This includes the polka dot party that Dru and I had the same year (of the calendar, not of our lives) and didn't even realize. True story.