11.07.2008

Date with Dru


My date with Dru:

Dru completed her reading chart and her reward was a date with mom. (Dru chose that by the way.)  We spent the morning doing things Dru wanted to do.  We started at Wal-greens. -NO, this is not a store we hit frequently, in fact I only went once to fill a prescription so I could redeem a $25 check.  We went to spend the money.  Dru picked out several surprises.  One was this dazzling set of press on nails.  I gritted my teeth and then said yes.  She is such a sweet heart and decided to share them with Olivia.  Here are the pics.  The first one looks like a wedding announcement. Ha Ha! 



We then went to Pebbles in my Pocket.  Our favorite local scrapbook store.  Dru picked out several supplies to make some of her amazing cards.  I don't think a day has passed without the girls making some sort of craft or card.  They are so creative.  It was a great morning.  I love spending time with the girls individually.  They are so different in many ways, yet alike in many as well.  My friend Sue gave me a frame with the following saying, "Sisters are like ladybugs. . . they are little ladies who bug each other."  So true!  

I couldn't imagine my life without my sisters and sisters-in-laws!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hehe, I remember my sister doing nails like that for me when I was little and it seemed so fun and grown up :) That cute that Dru chose spending time with you as her reward :) She sure loves her mom.

The Richards Family said...

That is so funny! Love the press on nails. How cute!

brooke romney said...

That is so cute. What a great, fun mom you are. They sound like they are growing up to be just like you...lucky them!

Kates said...

I love dates with my girls! So fun. She is so cute. I hope we are lucky enough to have 3 girls!

Megan Olson said...

Dru and Olivia,
I loved seeing you this weekend! Thanks for letting me come play with you for a little while on Saturday! I loved your press on nails! You are so lucky. They are so cute! I can't wait for our tea party!
Love you lots,
Megan Barton

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

purdy nails girls!