10.01.2008


Our hike to Red Pines

While Dru and Olivia were at the circus with Gma and Gpa Martin we took Rylie to Gma Kathy and Gpa Steve's home.  We were set for our Saturday afternoon date!  {Thank you grandparents!!!}  We decided to go hiking up Little Cottonwood Canyon.  The weather was perfect and the conversation divine.  It is always fun to get away with Ry, even if it is only a few hours.  Our hike ended up being more fun and longer than we anticipated.   Ryan spotted a deer and then a baby deer close by.  I am terrified of any animal so I was screaming as softly as I could the whole time.  I was certain they were about to attack and eat us alive.   Ryan was calm and patient and was able to get pretty darn close.  


This a picture of the baby deer that was trying to reconnect with his mom.


This is the mom deer staring us in the face.  A little too close if you ask me!

Same shot.....look at those eyes!  Yikes!!!




This shot shows just how close we were.

The deer is now running away . . . thankgoodness

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Fun date!! Who took the picture of you that is farther away?

Steve and Kathy said...

what a fun time...how many miles? Looks like you were at least a million. Beautiful. We loved rylie!
What a sweetheart.