9.23.2008


Top of Utah Marathon!

I ran the Logan TOU marathon on September 20th.  I ran with 3 women in my neighborhood. {Desiree Roberts, Leslie Peterson and Lisa Adams}  We trained for 6 long months.  I am glad it is over, but would do it again.  At mile 19 my knees gave out on me so I had to walk a lot of the last bit.  I ran in the last mile and the last 30 yards with Ry and Dru.  It was a great moment.  2 of my friends finished in great time.  My other friend Lisa would not leave my side.  I told her to run a head, but she said that she we were going to finish together.  I even used her as a crutch part of the way.  She is a dear friend.  

It is a little blurry, but this is the finish line.  
Ry, Dru, me and Lisa

You can actually see the finish line in this picture.  

This is a picture at mile 14.  This is the first time we saw family.  It was SOOO great to see and hear everyone.



This picture is HIDEOUS of me but it shows how excited I was to see Ryan.  Don't ask me what the guy next to me is doing running in jeans?

4 comments:

Moffat Family said...

What a woman! That is such an accomplishment! I won't do your next marathon with you...but I will for sure try for a half! :)

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

WOOHOO!!!! way to go jen! awesome pics! sniff, i'm so proud of you! sounds like megan is in for a half - say, next summer? we've got a whole year to train...

Al and Eli said...

Jenny I am so proud of you. I was absolutely disappointed that we couldn't be there :( I haven't even seen you since to tell you congratulations and even though this isn't flowers or a better gesture of how proud we are, but want you to know what a gift of inspiration you give. I have tears just thinking about how amazing you are. I am lucky to learn so much from you!
We love you!! Al and Eli

brooke romney said...

I am so proud of you! What an accomplishment.