4.25.2012

NYC: day one

 Dru and I went to New York with our coolest friends ever, 
Ashley and her daughter Eliza.
We spent 4 days packed with walking, eating great food, a little shopping, more walking, hand holding (at all times), shoveling down cupcakes and cookies (twice daily), plays, sightseeing and MORE walking.

First stop:  Where else?  SHAKE SHACK!  
Yum!


 We stayed right smack in the middle of Times Square.
Wow!  That place was packed all. the. time.  It was nice to be so close to it all and stay in some pretty sweet hotels. (thanks ashley & seth)



 We even found Elmo and took a pick for Owen who loves this guy.



 We figured out the subway thanks to Ashley and found our way to 
Rockefeller Center.
We watched the ice skaters, enjoyed the beautiful flowers and visited the LEGO store.
We are LEGO maniacs so this was a big deal for us.
Nerds, I know.




 Cute Adrienne came to welcome us and snapped some pics with us.
Love her.





We were determined to watch the sunset from Top of the Rock. 
(The BEST view of NYC) 



 Touching the Empire State Building.



 We waited a LONG time and squished with a million other tourists to get the best view of this beautiful sunset.  It was worth the wait.

 A little dancing to celebrate our first night in the big city.

 We stopped and did a bit of shopping before stopping for dinner.
(These 2 adorable girls got along ridiculously well!)

 We ate pizza for dinner...

and washed it down with a cupcake from Juniors. 

Day one lessons learned:
Ashely has a great sense of direction.
I do not.
Good shoes are a must.
I love holding Dru's hand.



2 comments:

DeSpain Domain said...

Looks like a blast! I bet you loved every minute of it.

Lisa said...

super fun trip! and LOVE all the photos :)