Dru was chosen to lead our state legislature in the pledge of allegiance today at the state capital. This was a big honor and cool opportunity. I was a nervous wreck and she was so great and confident. I was so proud of her. I went to bed the night before repeating over and over what she was asked to say and she went to bed wondering what I put in her lunch.
I was grateful I was able to go and watch. Thanks mom for watching the others so I could.
Here are the highlights:
We had to park a mile away! It was packed!!!
This is Marie Poulson who is a legislator and gave these 6 cute kids a private tour.
Dru getting some last minute instruction.
We of course ran into our good friend Representative Derek Brown.
He was so nice to take a picture with us.
I had to sit in the gallery during the actual session so I snapped a picture up close before it started.
The rest of the 3rd grade.
Here is the short video.
You can barely hear Dru and you can totally hear me saying" thank you, thank you" to the people next to me as they let me stand in front of them so I could get a better angle.
Dru is growing up and it is driving me bonkers. When I stop and step back, I see that she is turning into an amazing person. I am impressed with her kindness, concern and confidence. Love you Dru.
4 comments:
You both just make me so dang proud. I knew she would do well! Great job Dru!
what a cool experience! she's such a cute kid.
Jen, what an awesome opportunity!
So cool! She is an amazing girl because she has an absolutely amazing mom and dad!!! Can you raise my kids too please?
Post a Comment