12.21.2015

New York!

Taunya invited me to go to New York with her the first part of December.  
I of course said yes!  I have never been to New York at Christmas time and it was as magical as I thought it would be.  

We stayed with Taunya's sister Heidi in New Jersey for a couple of nights.
She was an amazing and generous host.  
We went toured beautiful homes all decorated for Christmas in her hometown.

Later that night we took the subway and met Adrienne in the city....

to make wreaths at a ward Relief Society activity.
We all made one and it is currently on display at my house.
(99% of her ward are in their 20-30s)

We went shopping in Summit and Maplewood.  Beautiful towns!

We drove into the city the next day.  It took forever!  Traffic is just crazy!

 New York knows how to celebrate Christmas!

We are standing in front of the Jimmy Fallon Tonight Show studio.  
(That is what Adrienne is pointing at)
Taunya left out that detail.  Ha haha



The Rockefeller tree was amazing.

  
St. Peters Cathedral was beautiful.
 



Incredible windows at Bergdorf Goodman.

Fun Christmas market
 

We saw the Rockettes and loved it!






Times Square

We saw a fun play called The Fantasticks.

 We stayed at Adrienne and Loren's apartment in Manhattan.  It is a darling, big, well decorated, and perfectly located apartment.  Adrienne is seriously the best tour guide.  We ate at the most fun places and cruised through the subways with ease.  Loren made us THE BEST pancakes on Sunday morning.  We attended their ward and I was so impressed.  Thank you Taunya for taking me. 
It was an unforgettable trip!
 I heart New York!

1 comment:

DeSpain Domain said...

What a fun trip! I love that you've updated your blog ;)