7.08.2011


Dru and I started a girl's summer book club.
The June book choice was Little House in the Big Woods.
We invited Dru's cute friends over to discuss the book, do a craft and
eat some food that we read about in the book.
I was really impressed with the girl's memory and ability to discuss the book.
They all were polite and let each other speak in turn.
{Reading is not Dru's favorite thing, so I am hoping this changes that.}


We made homemade butter to go with our homemade rolls and honey,
beef jerky, nuts and lemonade.
We made log cabins out of pretzel sticks.


Next month: The Hundred Dresses

5 comments:

Lisa said...

OK - YOU ARE SO AMAZING!!!!!

Chris and Annalisa said...

What a fun idea! You are the best mom.

Jen said...

What a fantastic idea! You are such a great Mom! I'm sure that was so fun for Dru and all her friends!

Jeanne Fenton said...

Hey Jenny:
We read A Hundred Dresses to the Young Women and did a service project with all of the women in the ward to collect 100 dresses. We did a craft with the girls and they designed dresses using a white cardstock dress form and then we let the girls decorate them with scrapbook paper, beads, glitter, etc. They loved it. Just an idea. Your book club is a GREAT idea and it loved like they loved it.

The Martin Family said...

Proud to be your Mom and Dru's G-ma. Lucky me!!!!