8.23.2010

First day of school

Dru is now in the second grade. I am not sure how I feel about that. Neither does Dru. She came in our room last night around 10:30 saying that she couldn't sleep. I let her sleep with us for a bit and then sent her to bed. She was so nervous and excited for the big day. Ryan gave her an father's blessing last night which I know will help her today.

She woke up at 6:45 this morning and was ready to go. She is such a morning person and wakes up happy. We ate, read, prayed and took these cute pics. We walked to the corner holding hands with butterflies in our stomaches. (I will be sad when she gets to0 old to hold my hand.)

We are ALL going to miss her like crazy.
She has been the BIGGEST help with Owen and her sisters.
Dru is growing up and there is nothing I can do about it.
I am so happy for her and LOVE being her mom.


6 comments:

Steve and Kathy said...

This beautiful girl will never be too old you hold your hand!!! Good Luck today at school Dru. Love, Mom/Grandma

Anonymous said...

Dru looks adorable and FYI Mackenzie will still hold my hand!

Moffat Family said...

Love it. Dru, you look beautiful. I'm excited to hear how your first day went!

Lisa said...

She is SO stinkin' cute!!! So, who is her teacher?

Brooke Romney said...

What a doll! We leave on Sunday...do you have any time this week?

Sara said...

She's a beautiful girl!
Good luck with the new year!