8.27.2009

Dru's first day of first grade

I can't believe I have a first grader.  Dru was so nervous last night just thinking about this morning.  She had a hard time going to sleep.  She woke up and seemed excited.  Phew!  I kissed her a million times and wrote a secret note for her secret pocket in her back pack and cried as she walked away with all her friends.  They were "excited tears."  




This was yesterday.  I had just explained to Olivia that Dru was going to school tomorrow and would be gone all day.  Liv started to cry and said, "I will miss my Druby."

7 comments:

Chris and Annalisa said...

Oh, that is the sweetest picture of Dru and Liv!

Danielle said...

Aww... I am so looking forward to all day school, but I know when the time comes I will be a mess!

Steve and Kathy said...

Good Luck Dru!!!! I will be thinking about you all day. Call when you get home and tell me all about it. You look adorable and I know you will be the cutest one in the whole class. Have fun! You are my sunshine!!! I love you.

Jodie said...

i am dreading that day! thank goodness i have a couple more years. dru looks so cute!

rach said...

I know I am going to be a total cry baby when this day comes! She looked so perfect for first grade what a doll!!!

ade said...

Druby Druby Druby...you look like a star! How was the first day? Do you like your teacher? I want to hear all about it.

Megan Olson said...

I can't believe that Dru is already in first grade....I was her preschool teacher what seemed like yesterday!!! Hope she is loving first grade and I hope Liv is doing ok with out her Dru all day!!