7.23.2009

Dru made her first skirt

Dru wanted to do a little sewing yesterday.  We looked through my fabric scraps and found some pink fabric that was big enough to make a skirt for her.  I made up a pattern and Dru cut it out.  She sewed it from beginning to end.  -Minus the trim which was  a bit tricky.  She loves to sew and is pretty good for a 6 year old.  I had a smile on my face the whole time she sewed.  It was fun to watch her concentrate, then giggle and then get poked with a pin and cry.  It was a never ending cycle.    


Her legs couldn't quite reach the peddle without a little help.


The finished product.  I am so proud of her.







9 comments:

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

fantastic work Dru! You're a natural seamstress and designer...look out NYC!

DeSpain Domain said...

Not only does she look just like you, she is also taking on your talents! Impressive, Dru.

ade said...

Dru...you are going to make your own wedding dress someday. Maybe you'll be good enough to make mine by the time I actually get the chance to get married.

You look adorable posing in your pink skirt...just like your dad would.

Steve and Kathy said...

Dru...wow! Simply amazing!! Your skirt is beautiful and so are you! Keep going...I need a new skirt too. How about it?

Steffie said...

Amazing! I am seriously impressed!!! I made my Trek skirt and apron and was seriously so excited - but I am 29 - maybe I could lessons from Dru! She is so talented and darling, just like her mom!!!!

Hike with us next Thursday for sure! Also, we have been trying to go ice blocking all summer and haven't made it yet - count us in! Oh, and I was shocked we didn't go in high school - what were we thinking?!!

Love your blog .... you are a babe!

Megan Olson said...

Will she make me one?

Lisa said...

Very impressive and so cute!

Danielle said...

Wow, waaay impressive! I have never sewed anything. Unless you count home-ec at Albion, which I don't. Way to go Dru!

brooke romney said...

Definately better than i am! Did you get my message? We are free any other day but Monday! so sorry! IF you already planned something, we can make it, we just have to leave by 12. Call me early in the morning at my moms and let me know!