6.19.2009

Dancing Olivia

Olivia had her first dance class today.  The class was taught by Ms. Pearl who was my dance teacher!  Liv has been so excited about this class and has asked me everyday if it was her ballerina day.  She loved the class but complained they didn't do any twirling.  It is a  1  1/2 hour creative dance class full of bubble blowing, parachutes, reading, stretching and snacks (apple slices, luna bars and organic juice)....maybe a little too creative for Liv.  I think we need to find a class that actually dances more!  She did have fun running around with the other children and said she wanted to go back tomorrow.
Rylie and I stayed the whole time to watch.  Rylie didn't move a muscle until snack time.  She joined in at that point until the class was over.


This is wonderful Ms. Pearl.  She is  just as I remembered!

A little singing time.





4 comments:

Megan Olson said...

so cute! Got to love creative movement! No, it isn't like dance but...once she is used to it she will love it! I took a class last fall on how to teach creative movement (it is becoming a bigger thing in elementary schools now days). Although seeing 30 college ladies rolling around on the floor was nothing but funny I think creative movement is awesome! Way to go Liv!! Get those creative juices flowing, maybe just get creative and throw twirls into it?

Brooke Romney said...

How fun. She is so darling! I can't believe your teacher is still teaching. Crazy! Maybe she can do contemporary on So You think You Can Dance!

The Chezik Family said...

great pics!

Steve and Kathy said...

Just like your Mama!!! Great moves. I bet Miss Pearl was soooo proud. I know I was. You are beautiful Olivia. Love, Grandma Kathy