Olivia and I hosted book club in May. We chose to read the Mercy Watson series by Kate Dicamillo instead of just one book. The series is easy, silly and really fun.
Mercy is a pig so we did a lot of "pig stuff."
The girls tried to make as many words as they could out of the name Mercy Watson.
They cut out their own Mercy and made word bubbles about him.
The finished product.
Mercy loves toast with a great deal of butter so they practiced putting butter on their toast.
{I cut out felt bread and butter.}
I knew we had to serve buttered toast so I brought in the EXPERT. My mom!
{Liv insisted that she be the one who made the toast.}
We went through 2 loafs of bread and a stick and a half of butter!
The girls wrote down the directions for buttered toast.
My mom brought a sugar and cinnamon shaker and added her own special touch.
The girls LOVED it!!! Thanks mom!
We also played pass the pig, Mercy Watson style and had a fabulous discussion of the series.
We love book club!
2 comments:
Awesomest thing ever! I need you to do a guest post on my blog about book clubs for girls. Pretty please???
Thanks for getting this group started! fun times :)
Post a Comment