3.28.2012

NINE

Look who's 9!

Dru's birthday started out with a fun breakfast with her dad. 
Love that tradition.
It made for an early morning, but was worth all the effort.




I met Dru for lunch that day at her school with a treat for her class.
It was fun to be with her on her own turf.  She gave me a huge and super long hug when I left.  
I soaked it all in because those days of hugging mom in public may end at some time.  
Hopefully not.


Later than night Dru opened her gifts.
Much needed new blue Converse.
She wears those things almost EVERYDAY!


Some cool Taylor Swift stuff


A new poster to add to her already COVERED walls in her bedroom



Grandma and Grandpa Martin came over to bring her their gift. 
It was a beautiful set of barrettes from Nordstrom.
She was also promised a fun dinner out and a little shopping.
So fun!  Dru was super excited!





We then went to Literacy Night at the school.
I can't believe wanted to go due to her lack of love when it comes to reading.  
I gave her the choice of any activity and this is what she chose.
I think these 2 cute friends may have had something to do with her decision.


Next we were off to Yogurt Stop.  It is Dru's favorite place for a fun treat.
{I guess it is not Owen's fav}  :)


Finally, we stopped at Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Steve's house.
Dru was surprised with an amazing new camera!  She was thrilled!  She kept saying, "I can't believe I have my own camera!"  I was thinking the same thing!!  She has been snapping pics constantly ever since. She LOVES it!



Dru was pretty spoiled (gifts, thoughtful emails, texts and phone calls) on her birthday, but every other day of the year I feel we are spoiled by her.
She brings so much joy to our lives.
I love you miss druby.

3 comments:

Steve and Kathy said...

What a great day!!! Thanks for letting us be a part of it. Beauty on the inside and the outside...all the way around. We love you Dru Martin!

Brooke Romney said...

I can't believe our oldest are so Old! She is so darling and has such a cute personality. Sounds like a great day!

Stephanie said...

Dru is so sweet! I love the story about her giving you an extra long hug when you left her school. She sure has a great mom! ;)