6.15.2011

I finished my first 1/2 marathon! Whew....I am glad that is over.

Here is what I learned:

A 1/2 is A LOT shorter than a full. :)
I would have never run a full if I ran a 1/2 first.
Running with a friend is fun.
Running with a lot of friends is even better.
I don't like running with music. (weird, right?)
Training for a race is super time consuming.
Running/Training takes a lot of support from family.
(thanks Ryan)
(thanks mom and dad for watching the kiddos)
(thanks to the rest of the fam for cheering me on)


Ryan met me at the finish line!
This was literally 10 seconds after I finished. I was so glad to see him and STOP running!!!
I trained with these lovely ladies.
I couldn't have done it without them!

I ran the full in intervals which I loved!
I ran the whole time in this race and finished in 2 h. 12 min. which isn't amazing but good enough for me. My goal was to finish......check.



9 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Congrats! I have only done half marathons. Not sure if I could pull a full one. Is that Ashley your Spanish friend?

The Martin Family said...

YES! That is so funny you remember her! Ashley lives super close to me! Love her.
Kate...yes you can run a full! If I did, anyone can! I love your blog btw.

Brooke Romney said...

Awesome! I'm so proud of your running. We are here!!! We'd love to get together!!

The Chezik Family said...

Well done! I don't know that I would ever do one again, but it was a great experience. Glad to see you "enjoyed" it :)!

The Martin Family said...

I truly stand alllll amazed! Way to go! What a great acomplishment. You did it!!! Love you.

Lisa said...

Way to go girl!

The Rasch Family said...

Hi cute Jenny!! I'm Blog stalking... SUPER BIG CONGRATULATIONS on the race!! I'm thinking about doing one... but honestly that many miles scares me!!! You're my hero!! XOXO :)

Kim said...

You are AMAZING! I am so proud to be your friend! :) I really am jealous of your determination! Congrats! Can't wait to see you all in just a week and a half :)

Melanie said...

nice job! i'm such a terrible runner. but when i do, i don't like the music either! (well, sometimes i do). mostly i like to kind of become hypnotized by the rhythm of my feet and the sound of my breath. is that what it is for you too, or am i just nuts? :) i'm so impressed with your determination! congrats!